1 small swede
4 medium carrots
1 medium sweet potato
2 stalks of celery
1 thumb size chunk of ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken stock cubes
900ml boiling water
Small bunch coriander
Lime zest of ½ lime
Double cream to drizzle on top
Pre-heat oven at 180 C
- Peel and chop all vegetables into 3 – 4cm chunks. Place all except the celery onto a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and season.
- Stir so all covered in the oil then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven after 20 minutes and add the celery and stir to coat all again in the oil.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or longer if needed until all vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the cooked Vegetables from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Transfer the cooked Vegetables into a large pot, add the water and stock cubes, ½ the lime zest and the finely chopped coriander stalks (safe the leaves for decoration) then blitz with a hand blender until smooth, taste and season appropriately.
- When ready to eat bring the soup to boiling point, ladle into bowls and sprinkle a pinch of lime zest a few coriander leafs and a couple of teaspoons of cream then serve.