100g Caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
100ml Red wine
50g caster sugar
1 orange zest
400g Cream cheese
50ml Buttermilk (add 1 tblsp lemon juice to 1 cup milk)
50ml Double cream
1 orange zest
250g Icing sugar
2 tablespoon Blueberry moonshine
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- To make the pancakes:
- Place the flour in a large bowl
- Crack the eggs in the centre
- Add the sugar and then the milk
- Whisk together then add the vanilla extract and continue whisking until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a large frying pan and melt the butter
- Then ladle the batter into the pan whilst swirling so that the batter evenly covers the pan.
- Once the pancake begins to set, flip the pancake and continue cooking on the other side.
- Repeat this until all the batter has been used.
- To make the plum filling:
- Begin by quartering the plums and place them into a large sauce pan.
- Next add the red wine, sugar and orange zest and place on the heat until the plums begin to breakdown and a jam is formed.
- Remove from the heat and chill.
- Next beat together the cream cheese, buttermilk, cream, orange zest and icing sugar, then add the moonshine and lemon juice.
- To make the pancake pie:
- Lay the pancake on the board and then smear the cream cheese mixture over the pancake,
- Follow with the plum jam.
- Repeat this until all the pancakes have been used. Once the pancake pie has been constructed place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- To serve, portion the pancake pie into slices and place on the plate, gently heat some of the plum jam so that it melts into a sauce. Spoon the sauce around the plate and garnish with berries. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.